On Tuesday, November 1, our colleage Roger Tsai will be presenting in Boise. The agenda is below. Please contact one of us if you would like to attend.
AGENDA – Tuesday, November 1, 2011:
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Registration and Lunch
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Presentation
In spring of 2010, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) put Idaho employers on notice with a federal grand jury indictment against an electronics manufacturer that employed illegal workers. If convicted, the owner could face up to five years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. Nationally, ICE has initiated immigration audits on 2,338 employers in 2011, signaling continued focus on employers' employment verification practices. The agency has also criminally charged business owners, employers, managers, and supervisors for knowingly employing undocumented workers.
Please join us for a complimentary seminar in which we will discuss the patchwork of federal and state laws and how to limit your company’s potential liability. We’ll answer these commonly asked questions:
- How can I prepare for a federal immigration audit and investigation?
- Which industries are being targeted for immigration investigations?
- What are employers required to do to verify the immigration status of new hires?
- How should I respond to Social Security no-match letters?
- What is E-Verify and should I be using it?
- What are viable options to sponsor immigrant workers?
SPEAKERS CLICK NAME TO VIEW BIO
Roger Tsai, Immigration Attorney, Holland & Hart llp
U.S. Bank Plaza CLICK HERE FOR A MAP AND DIRECTIONS
101 South Capitol Blvd., Second Floor
Boise, ID 83702